The latest advancements in contact lens technology incorporate innovative materials and designs for increased comfort, breathability, and enhanced visual clarity, providing wearers with an exceptional and modern vision correction experience.
Advantages of contact lenses
Contact lenses offer the advantage of clear and unobstructed vision while comfortably conforming to the shape of your eye. You will also find that they:
- can be made to fix nearly all refractive issues
- enable a better freedom of movement for those with an active lifestyle
How are contact lenses fitted?
Contact lenses require a separate prescription and fitting compared to glasses and may require several additional tests and measurements. Our experts will be on hand to guide you through the process of inserting and removing the lenses. It may take you a few days or weeks to get accustomed and prescriptions can be easily adjusted if needed.
Contact lens aftercare
As contact lenses are in direct contact with your eyes, it’s crucial to make sure they are being used correctly. An aftercare appointment is an important part of the process as it enables us to determine:
- the comfort and fit of your new lenses
- the state of your vision
- advice for any symptoms you might be experiencing
- if any adjustments need to be made
Types of contact lenses
Contact lenses come in many shapes, sizes, and function with a plethora of variations available depending on eye shape, prescription needed, focusing requirements, and convenience level.
- Daily disposable lenses – These lenses are a convenient and hassle-free option, offering the benefits of fresh, comfortable vision every day without the need for cleaning or storage.
- Reusable lenses – These are typically used for either 2 weeks or a month at a time and are removed, cleaned, and stored at the end of every day. They are the most cost-effective choice for long term contact wearers.
- Multifocal (or varifocal) lenses – These provide the convenience of clear vision at varying distances, making them an excellent choice for individuals who require both near and distance vision correction.
With such a varying degree of options, choosing the right contact lens may seem like a difficult task. We have a team of friendly experts who are here to help with any questions, guide you through the assessment, and make sure you leave with the best fit. Feel free to contact us or request an appointment today to get started on your journey to better vision.